Thursday, May 27, 2010

Make your own salad dressing!



It is soooo easy, really it is! And the best part is, I guarantee you can pronounce everything you put in it! I know the lettuce and spinach have been super productive and it has been salad city at our house. Tonight was taco salad with the dressing recipe I've included.

Balsamic vinagrette is the easiest dressing to make and no matter what you put in it, it turns out great. Here is a link to one of my favorites and includes sun dried tomatoes and garlic. This is just a jumping off point. You can add as little or AS MUCH garlic as you (and your family members) want! Fresh herbs are a great addition too! One of my secrets (sssshhh!) is to throw all the ingredients into a blender. It helps to chop up the tomato a bit more and it emulsifies the dressing.

Best Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe